Good Kitty

Author: ajsrandom
Title: Good Kitty
Rating: G
Pairing/s: none
Character/s: Merlin, Arthur
Summary: Merlin and Arthur run across a black cat.
Warnings: none
Word Count: 148
Prompt: 505, Bad Luck
Author's Notes: Canon era goodness. :)
............................................................................................................................................................

Merlin and Arthur walked through the lower town one fine day. Suddenly Arthur stopped in his tracks and held out an arm to stop Merlin. “Merlin don’t move. It’s a black cat.”

“So? I like cats,” Merlin replied. He walked over to the cat and began petting it. “Aww, who’s a good kitty?”

“Merlin! Everyone knows black cats are a sign of bad luck to come.”

“Are you kidding? Who said that?”

“I don’t know who started that rumor, but it’s a common belief. Father banned black cats in Camelot. This one isn’t even supposed to be here.”

Merlin frowned. “That’s nonsense. Cats aren’t bad luck.”

“You believe what you want to believe. I’m going well around it.”

“Suit yourself. Bye sweet kitty.” Merlin stood and walked after Arthur. He shook his head—the differences between Ealdor and Camelot were striking sometimes, but this one took the cake.