Naptime
Author:
ajsrandom
Title: Naptime
Rating: G
Pairing/s: Merlin/Morgana
Character/s: Merlin, Morgana, Arthur
Summary: Arthur interrupts Merlin & Morgana's huge fight.
Warnings: none
Word Count: 244
Prompt: 236, Interrupt
Author's Notes: Back to modern day! :)
........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ............
Merlin and Morgana were having the argument to end all arguments when the doorbell rang. Horrified, they stopped, pasted fake smiles on their faces, and opened the door.
It was Arthur, who held a ribbon-tied teddy bear. “Am I interrupting something?” he asked.
“Nah, we were just discussing whose turn it was to feed Ellie,” Merlin replied.
“That was a discussion? Man, I’d hate to hear your arguments.”
“Oh. I guess it was getting a little out of hand,” Morgana said.
“A little? I could hear you through the door, and that’s a solid door.” Arthur pointed to the door. He put the teddy bear down and guided the both of them to the sofa. “Look, I’m not one to jump into an argument, but you’re both clearly exhausted. Why don’t I spend some time with Ellie and feed her. You guys can catch a nap. That work?”
Merlin and Morgana looked at Arthur like he’d hung the moon. “You’re my hero,” Merlin said.
“I’m glad you finally realized that. Now go get some sleep.”
“Really, Arthur, thank you,” Morgana said.
“Night night,” Arthur said with a little wave. As soon as their door clicked shut, he went to the kitchen and mixed up a bottle of formula. In the nursery, he said, “Let’s spend some time with Uncle Arthur.” He picked up the wailing baby, checked her nappy, then settled down into the rocking chair with her. Sometimes experience helped out a lot.
Title: Naptime
Rating: G
Pairing/s: Merlin/Morgana
Character/s: Merlin, Morgana, Arthur
Summary: Arthur interrupts Merlin & Morgana's huge fight.
Warnings: none
Word Count: 244
Prompt: 236, Interrupt
Author's Notes: Back to modern day! :)
........................................
Merlin and Morgana were having the argument to end all arguments when the doorbell rang. Horrified, they stopped, pasted fake smiles on their faces, and opened the door.
It was Arthur, who held a ribbon-tied teddy bear. “Am I interrupting something?” he asked.
“Nah, we were just discussing whose turn it was to feed Ellie,” Merlin replied.
“That was a discussion? Man, I’d hate to hear your arguments.”
“Oh. I guess it was getting a little out of hand,” Morgana said.
“A little? I could hear you through the door, and that’s a solid door.” Arthur pointed to the door. He put the teddy bear down and guided the both of them to the sofa. “Look, I’m not one to jump into an argument, but you’re both clearly exhausted. Why don’t I spend some time with Ellie and feed her. You guys can catch a nap. That work?”
Merlin and Morgana looked at Arthur like he’d hung the moon. “You’re my hero,” Merlin said.
“I’m glad you finally realized that. Now go get some sleep.”
“Really, Arthur, thank you,” Morgana said.
“Night night,” Arthur said with a little wave. As soon as their door clicked shut, he went to the kitchen and mixed up a bottle of formula. In the nursery, he said, “Let’s spend some time with Uncle Arthur.” He picked up the wailing baby, checked her nappy, then settled down into the rocking chair with her. Sometimes experience helped out a lot.
